Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Eastward Bound!

Bright and early tomorrow (Wed) morning we will head east out of El Dorado Hills, CA and connect with I-80 somewhere around Lake Tahoe and stick with I-80 most of the way out. I think we've forgone the "Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, I-90 idea," in favor of less travel time and love for our van.

We've had a great time with Susan's family these last several days. Thanks very much to Nonno, Nonna, Tia Corina, Aunt Annette and Uncle Scott and boys for all the great food, hospitality, fun (including the great time out on the lake yesterday - Thanks Uncle Scott for driving all day). From the awesome weather in Santa Maria, to the good time at David and Andrea's wedding to all the fun here in El Dorado Hillls, We are very blessed (see a couple pictures below).

We will likely arrive in the Chicago area on Sunday. We'll spend a few days there seeing a number of different family members. Then on to Cleveland to see Geoff's grandma for a day or so, then on to Clarks Summit, PA. We hope to keep in touch along the way. It depends on the reliability of the internet access we have as we go.

Thank you for your prayers for us, the van, trailer, roads, etc. We're looking forward to seeing more of America and seeing more of the story that God has written for us to bring Him more glory and fame. Onward!


No comments: